Saturday, July 11, 2009

Insurance submitted and surgery date set!

Been a busy busy week, so I haven't had time to update. Working two jobs will do that to ya!

I got all my paperwork for the insurance in order. When I went to my appointment on Monday (June 6th), I handed it over. I was thinking I'd be getting all the tests done then, but I guess it was just his last opportunity to talk with me and explain the diet, etc... I really love the people in that office. It's a very comfortable atmosphere, they're all really nice, and you can tell they care. I'm so glad I chose them. But yeah... They told me that they hadn't received the letter from the psychologist yet, which she told me she would send over LAST week. So they called and found out that she had a death in the family and they would fax it over the following day.

Dr. Domkowski took my picture for my "Before". He even told me I was photogenic. I was like, "Uh, not really!" Haha! He said I had a beautiful smile. Then he later told me he could tell that I'm a very educated and smart woman. Wow, I need to keep coming back to his office!

So we looked over the calendar and he said he wants to set my surgery up for the 28th!!!! So I have a surgery date even before the insurance had been submitted. Hopefully that doesn't curse it and cause it not to happen. He said he's expecting to hear back from the insurance company by the week prior to surgery, but he's going on vacation around that time and doesn't want to do the surgery and then have to leave immediately afterwards.

I go back out to the waiting room and there's a couple women waiting out there. One of them asks me if I have a surgery date and I told her I did. She said she's scheduled for some time in August and the other woman didn't have a date yet. So I saw my first fellow bandsters!

Dr. Domkowski handed me a prescription for Lortab (EEK!). I had to ask them if there's something else instead because the last time I took Lortab I had a huge chemically-induced panic attack and went to the E.R. because I thought I was dying. I was throwing up, had chest pains, a fear-chill (that's what I call it) ran from the tips of my toes to the follicles of my hair! So he gave me a prescription for Dilaudid instead (which I'd never even hear of). Supposedly it's 8-10 times stronger than Morphine? Whoa!

The following day is when Rebecca (the office chick) submitted my paperwork to the insurance company. This waiting and anticipation is insane!!

On Thursday I decided to go to a support group meeting. Because it's closer to my office than my home, I decided to stay late at work and then sit at Barnes and Noble for a little while and read. The meeting starts at 7pm (I had actually thought it was 7:30) at a church. I pull up and there's about 4-5 people standing outside a little building next to the church. I walk up there, thinking I'm 15 minutes or so early. Turns out I'm really 15 minutes or so LATE, but the coordinator of the meeting NEVER EVEN SHOWED UP! No one knew anything about it. So I guess it's kind of good, because I would have been late and completely embarrassed! There were a couple other people there for the first time. There were about 8-9 of us there and 3 (including me) haven't had the surgery yet. I believe I was the only one with an actual date, but I could be wrong. Another girl was waiting to hear back from the insurance company, as well. Everyone was really nice and talkative, surprisingly. Even though the person who ran it never showed up and we were left standing outside (sprinkled a bit at one point), we still stood around for 45 minutes to an hour, just talking. About what it was like after surgery, getting "stuck", PB-ing, and protein shakes.

I still need to stock up on protein stuff. I'm still trying to figure out which ones I should get. And someone told me about Sugar-Free DaVinci Gourmet Syrups, so I'm definitely going to be checking those out! The flavors I want are: Caramel, Hazelnut, Peanut Butter (possibly not, because artificial PB kind of scares me!), Praline, and Raspberry.

So that's it for now! I'll be starting my liquid diet on the 21st! The worst part will be playing Buncos at my parent's house on the 25th. Everyone brings in an appetizer type dish to share. Man, that's gonna be rough (not being able to eat anything).

No comments:

Post a Comment